The Production Manager owns the operations function tasks including planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operation activities. The incumbent will ensure all food preparation and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations. They will also oversee and monitor the performance of the Plant Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, cost control, service to sales, employee training and leadership development.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
- Adhere to Kraft Heinz quality standards to ensure product quality and Food Safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Kraft Heinz specifications
- Prepare departmental costs and variances with regard to productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Factory Employees in finding innovative ways to improve the Quality and productivity of our Products.
- Support Employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Monitor and update all area practices and policies for compliance.
- Work with Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up with regard to all established records, reports and/or forms
- Ensure strong, effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and government regulators
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried Supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures
- Embrace the KHGPS principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Food Technology, or related degree is strongly preferred
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
5 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required