Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra’s cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences
Responsible for overseeing, designing and controlling the production-manufacturing business operations.? The primary role is to ensure the company’s products, plant and processes align with corporate business goals and objectives.?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the production activities and achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, safety, cost control, and staff development. Directs teams in effectively managing each respective department. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures.
- Right-size capacity with an emphasis on maximizing efficiency and profitability, through analyzing forecasts of demand, then translating into capacity requirements, and putting processes in place to ensure our customer’s and business needs are achieved.
- Improve production manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving overall quality, reducing lead-times and lowering overall costs of operations by using Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Kaizen, Six Sigma and Total Quality Management applications where necessary.
- Improve operator training processes using tested and measured Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Develop new procedures where none exist and ensure all employees operate to developed standards on a consistent basis.
- Incorporates best Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and other production activity control techniques to reduce excess inventory, overtime, labor and other waste streams.
- Provides sound leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction for personnel development, morale improvement, and staff organization.
- Manages employee selection, training, performance evaluations, documentations, salary and termination processes. Maintains a positive, proactive labor environment.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment through ensuring compliance of OSHA and other Government safety rules and regulations, conducting internal safety meetings and develops safety awareness programs, along with periodic safety training.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have experience managing production in a Component shop including, trusses, floors and wall panels.
- Must have a good knowledge of lumber such as grades and quality.
- Must have some knowledge of Component shop equipment for example MiTek blade saw, Hundegger Turbo drive, and component saws Alpine and Monet
- Any knowledge with plumbing, electrical, drywall, windows and doors would be excellent.
- Must be familiar with inventory protocols and management.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, high performance work teams
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems in a timely manner
- Strong Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S experience
- Working knowledge of business measurement systems / KPI’s
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or similar field preferred, may consider relevant work experience if it was in the wood component industry.
- 5-7 years of strong manufacturing experience
- Experience in managing medium-to-large high production environments.
- Experience in training, budgeting, time management and human relations’ skills required.
- English/Spanish preferred.?
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation skills) and maintain a professional level of interaction with all members of the company to deliver timely and accurate information.?
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP Systems like SAP, MiTek or related production software’s
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.