- Motivate, develop and orient staff members while supporting team building elements
- Interface with support teams to ensure Production deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Oversee all Production functions
- Conduct in-season Production and related meetings (PDR)
- Correspond to all inter-department associates and agents/ direct vendors on product issues.
- Correspond with internal and overseas partners on technical aspects on construction and make of a garment.
- Articulate deadlines to direct reports while constructively supports with timely feedback
- Interact with inter-department colleagues from initial concept stages through delivery
- Relationship building with strategic Agents/Vendors
Production Maintenance Skills
- Initiate and maintain all cost sheets, negotiate costing at factory level, review cost breakdowns
- Review Production reports to insure accuracy and integrity of product maintenance
- Monitor all aspects of Production procedures are followed accordingly
- Collect time and action information to ensure adherence to the Corporate Production Calendar
- Assist in sourcing strategies set by supervisor and department head
- Attend all fit sessions to insure proper measurements are met and sample corrections are made with the Fit Process and timelines to maintain photo sample and bulk delivery
- Monitor all testing procedures on fabric, yarn, trim and finished garments
- Evaluate all department systems to insure quality consistency and efficiency
- Maintain a Production Development Report (PDR) to include current style detail information
- 6 years Production experience in a related field.
- Experience of costing and understanding of garment manufacturing
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow through skills
- Able to manage a team of 1 -2 associates
- Expertise in time and action calendars
- Strong vendor negotiation and relationship building experience.
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook Express