In this highly visible and influential role, the Production Manager will champion our efforts to revolutionize IMERYS’ production capabilities located in one of the world’s largest marble quarries. This position will lead and grow the Production and Packaging teams in to the future and touch almost every aspect of the sites’ operations from safety and compliance to production capability and performance. As a member of the management team this position will be tasked to architect solutions that drive continuous improvement across the production and packaging organizations.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The person who takes this role will immediately add value by quickly establishing relationships across the company and leveraging their experience to drive focused change and to enhance production capabilities, and talent management. Responsibilities included in this role include:
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with Circuit Managers, Packaging Manager and Supervisors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Work with Engineering & Reliability Manager to ensure uptime and productivity of production and packaging circuits
- Establish and ensure achievement of KPI targets, including production volumes, cost containment, etc.
- Investigate new opportunities for decreasing costs and increasing revenue and profitability.
- Budget and P&L responsibilities for costs related to maintenance & contractors
- Talent development
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Key Words: Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Financial Knowledge, Root Cause Analysis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Management, Engineering, Mining or related technical field
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience in a leadership role in a heavy/high volume production environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in leading continuous improvement teams using six sigma and/or lean principles
- Knowledge of mining and/or continuous processing operations highly preferred.