Who is Imerys?
IMERYS…Mineral solutions to create tomorrow’s world. We are a Paris based global company who transform minerals into thousands of high value specialty products essential for our customers’ products that are used every day.
LOCATION: Sandersville, GA (near Milledgeville, GA) - Relocation assistance Provided
Why work for IMERYS?
By joining the Imerys team as the Production Manager, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions. You can be that person to make a significant contribution to the operation and grow into a larger role in a relatively short period of time.
What does a Production Manager do at Imerys?
- Plan and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Manage the safe operation of all process equipment to include all milling and conveying processes, semi-bulk bag processes, and bulk truck and bag truck loading as well as ensure all production processes operate efficiently to achieve the established production plan including hands-on tasks as required.
- Effectively communicate with the Safety Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, and Maintenance Manager.
What is a typical day in the life of a Production Manager?
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints to meet production, quality, cost, and employee health & safety requirements.
- Coordinate production needs and serve as a liaison between production, quality assurance, operators, customer service, plant management and maintenance.
- Conduct daily shift production meetings to communicate with all process operators to coordinate all mills, bagging and loading activities on the shift and post production schedule as needed.
- Provide front line process technical expertise/problem solving and provide hands-on process assistance to the production departments as required to reduce downtime and maintain efficiency.
- Report shift production information as required ensuring shift KPI’s are achieved as well as the work needed with our systems and reports.
Essential Key Requirements:
- 5+ years of working experience in a production environment (Chemical or Mineral processing experience a PLUS)
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S manufacturing principals a PLUS.