We are seeking a Production Manager for our Huntington, Indiana Plant.
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for environmental, health, and safety issues in manufacturing area.
- Establish and enforce safety rules and guidelines.
- Participate in the planning of personnel safety and protection activities consistent with OSHA/IOSHA and all regulatory agency standards and guidelines and ensure all reporting associates are trained and comply.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5-S.
- Interface with customer regarding defects, customer specifications/standards and quality.
- Establish and maintain a well-motivated team including training, supporting and developing each team member to the three components of OEE and labor efficiencies.
- Authority to release product to the customers based on knowledge of customer specific requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all local, State, and Federal laws and statutes including labor laws and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to the company.
- Establish department goals to support production and strategic initiatives.
- Provide department operating guidelines and policies.
- Compile, record, and manage production data.
- Determine manning needs and schedule department activities.
- Establish and manage department training requirements and ensure training documentation and completion.
- Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, production, and quality.
- Support IATF16949 and ISO14001 initiatives.
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plan department production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolve worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Plant Manager or Human Resources Manager for action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Seven years related experience engineering and manufacturing with at least five years in a manager role.