Product Manager - (TN)
Date: Oct 9, 2017
Location: Brownsville, TN, US
Responsible for product development and life cycle management for the business unit. Includes defining new product development; short and long-term strategy development for expanding and updating products developing; and managing marketing and promotional tools; pricing and profitability management; assisting with technical training; and creating product health analysis studies based on market, competitor, and saleschannel information.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term relationships with internal and external customers to maintain market position as easiest company to do business with.
- Assist Sales with large job quotations.
- Conduct sales calls with channel partners and customers, looking for feedback relative to delivery, pricing, quality and breadth of product offerings.
- Monitor and develop strategies to improve channel performance.
- Analyze common special design requests and determine a plan for standardization of the design.
- Define pricing strategies for standard design requests.
- Responsible for negotiating with internal and external customers to find mutually beneficial solutions to field problems.
- Participate in industry related associations; may serve on committees and advisory boards.
- Responsible for leading and developing business unit application support.
- Provide direction in the resolution of complex application challenges.
- Oversees the lifecycle of product marketing materials.
- Prepare product studies for new and redesigned products.
- Regularly gather information and analyze trends, drivers, technologies, codes and research to ensure that our products are competitively positioned to best capitalize on market growth opportunities.
- Research competitor products, pricing and strategies.
- Investigate alternative channel opportunities to expand our business.
- Work with sales and engineering departments establishing priorities and schedules for product development activities.
- Define product development requirements through creation of product health analysis, market studies, sales feedback and customer feedback.
- Create product scope and market price points.
- Launch and promote products in coordination with Sales.
- Update or discontinue products as needed.
- Ensure product profitability meets or exceeds business unit targets.
- Oversee product structure and hierarchy.
- Manage product life cycles.
- Constantly evaluate all aspects of our competition and compare to the company's strength and weaknesses.
- Report feedback on competitor’s information, new and product line extensions and execute promotions.
- Develop and coordinate product, sales and application training for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for creating market message and product presence for training and industry product shows
- Attend trade shows, rep product shows and conduct sales calls on channel partners and customers, looking for feedback relative to delivery, pricing, quality and breadth of product offerings.
- Analyze industry related events to select for participation.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of direct reports.
- Lead sales/marketing team to adhere to the company’s customer service expectations; develop marketing talent to manage new product development projects; develop sales skills to effectively promote and train on product benefits.
- Provide strategic vision for long term planning of computer aided product selection.
- Use competitor knowledge and industry trends to develop strategic marketing direction for the business unit.
- Create and maintain product forecasts.
- Manage travel, supplies, and people costs to levels committed to in the budget.
- Travel will be required.
Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program.
Minimum 5 -10years of experiencerequired.