Under general guidance from the Plant Manager, plans, directs, and manages the Production Departments to achieve operating goals and objectives consistent with Plant and Division objectives (safety, quality, productivity, etc.)
- Planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees the daily operation of all departments and ensures that production efficiencies and overall production meets or exceeds established standards.
- Has overall responsibility to ensure that maintenance of equipment and coordination of maintenance requirements are complete to minimize operational impact.
- Assures each department maintains quality standards and coordinates with the QA Department to ensure adherence to customer quality standards.
- Works to maintain a safe work environment and develops and implements safety procedures to aid in achieving departmental safety goals.
- Strives to achieve minimum waste of product to meet profit goals.
- Directs the finishing production of all items at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications in terms of quality and quantity.
- Develops, recommends, and implements operating policies and ensures the application of such policies.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all departments of the plant in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Manages employees by establishing performance goals, allocating resources, and assessing performance.
- Provides leadership directed at continuous improvement in safety, quality/customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- Provides leadership and direction to production management and employees to continuously improve quality, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Assists and supports Plant Manager in all aspects.
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate vision/mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to work overtime (greater than 40 hours per week)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 - 7 years of operational management experience, packaging experience preferred
- Proven leadership ability in manufacturing sites
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Strong business acumen and operations – based financial analysis skills
- Visual Color Discrimination, the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colors