From ensuring food is free from contaminants, to quickly and accurately diagnosing cancer and other diseases, laboratories worldwide rely on solutions from Agilent Technologies to gain the insights they seek.
Our newly acquired site in the New England area is the leading manufacturer of a rapidly growing portfolio of chemical standards and consumables products. We are seeking a strong leader and skilled Production Manager for Formulation Operations.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will lead, develop, and grow a team of formulation technicians and potentially other manufacturing functions such as the factory representative to ensure new product designs are translated into manufacturable, profitable, high quality chemical standards products.
There are aggressive plans to grow operations at the site. You will be responsible for overseeing construction that will potentially double the production capability over the next 1.5-2 years. You will also manage the implementation of new production equipment and the transition to an SAP based ERP platform.
This is a people management and production management role and will grow in scope and responsibility as the formulation team and site operations grows. You will be responsible for designing your team, hiring, training, and planning to manage the expansion of operations to absorb growth. This will likely also include expansion of production to a second shift, on-boarding new products and facilities expansions and improvements.
- Establishes functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short and long term goals of the production organization in a rapidly growing production environment.
- Designs organization and Manages employees and/or production departments in various manufacturing or product development support departments.
- Manages supervisors and/ or employees responsible for design/ implementation of production area processes.
- Develops key performance metrics for the operation to support operational decision making
- Coordinates with other functions such as workplace services to ensure site and integration strategic initiatives and new product objectives are met.
- Cross-trains with other managers to ensure business continuity of management functions.
Our facility is in the Providence, RI area. Relocation assistance available.
RegionAmericasTravel RequiredOccasionalSecondary LocationsRequirements
- 7+ years' experience in production management (preferably in a laboratory, chemistry, pharmaceutical or biological production environment, but not required).
- Strong people management skills and a track record of leading teams, managing operations and production leaders, and change management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and values driven environment and obtain strong business results leading and engaging teams to use ERP, Chemistry, and LEAN manufacturing tools.
- Ability to work with all parts of the manufacturing operation, and in the context of new product development teams, decisively navigate ambiguity, and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability and desire to both manage the development of existing production as well as on-board new products.
- Ability to manage chemical solutions operations ensuring high quality and reproducibility using good laboratory safety practices and classic tools for solution preparation.
- Ability to develop, document, and manage training procedures and direct others to do the same.
- Understanding of safety and quality practices in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- BA or BS in Chemistry, Biology, Business or Management preferred
- Experience and skills using ERP systems (such as SAP)
- Experience in chemical or biological manufacturing operations, cGMP is a plus.
- Familiarity manufacturing in an ISO9001, ISO 17025, ISO Guide 34 and/or 13485 compliant environment.