The Production Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of supervision within the dry blending production areas.
- Performs/Applies knowledge and skills to diverse reactions.
- Ensures team operates in a safe environment, guided by the principles of the DSM Life Saving Rules, and associated policies.
- Executes production plan, adheres and reports gaps in production schedule, monitors in–process quality control, communicates goals to team, leads production staff in accordance with policies and procedures established by DSM. Responsible for assuring compliance with FS22000, ISO standards, and regulatory bodies.
- Develops, mentors, and supports shift supervisors in driving continuous improvement efforts, improving employee engagement, and support business growth.
- Interview, train, oversee the flow of work.
- Appraise team performance, reward and manage performance of employees.
- Address employee relations issues.
- Work closely with warehouse and staging teams to ensure availability of production materials.
- Work closely with supply chain to meet due timelines.
- Assess production needs to determine if overtime is needed.
- Participate in customer or regulatory agency audits on site.
- As part of the production deviation process, participates in timely investigations and implementation of corrective and preventative action.
- Develops plans for efficient use of resources based on process order prioritization.
- Maintains all aspects of production areas to maintain GMP, SHE, HACCP, and 5S compliance.
- Work with continuous improvement and maintenance teams to identify repairs and preventative maintenance items. Provides prioritization to scheduled work.
- Create, update, review, and maintain production-related SOPs.
- Interact and problem solve amongst cross-functional teams.
- Ability to safely maximize production resources, to ensure support of business needs.
- Focus on improving overall production quality, to drive Right First-Time metrics.
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors at all times; uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safely each day; that area and equipment operate at the highest safety levels; that all people in the area comply with the safety directives while keeping production areas neat and clean.
- Follows all SHE instructions and procedures, including ensuring awareness of and following all DSM Life Saving Rules. Acts in such a way that safety awareness and accident prevention are front-of-mind while performing all tasks.
- Ensures that all personal safety, quality and other assigned training is up to date and in compliance.
- Ensures that the competencies of the team are sufficient to let them perform their task in a SHE responsible way.
- Ensures that all team member's safety, quality and assigned other training is up to date and in compliance.
- Supports and follows the policy of reporting incidents, near misses and improvement possibilities.
- Executes and manages Risk Assessment Permit to Work (RAPW) within the production area.
- Conducts Life Saving Rule audits and GEMBA walks on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree required and 10 years of experience in manufacturing (food preferred).
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system, GMPs, SOPs, safety protocols.
- Familiar with a variety of the production concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Leadership skills that be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and valuation of these employees.
- Time management, communication skills, mentoring, coaching, continuous improvement.