Position Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Hot Zone department, including overseeing the production of the department and the supervision of the daily tasks of associates to ensure the adherence of quality and safety standards of the department, kitchen and company. Responsibilities include: production planning (daily, weekly, holiday and long range planning), completing production reports, scheduling, inventory, establishing par levels, ordering, and ingredient inspections. The Production Manager must monitor the efficient work flow of the department, the productivity of the Associates, coaching and counseling, corrective action, training, the adherence to GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), SOP’s (Standard operating procedures, HACCP, SSOP’s, Safety Standards, and ensuring compliance of strict Sanitation and Safe Food Handling Standards.
Hours: Vary (Most shifts range between 5a.m.-5:00p.m.) Expectation is 45-50 hours per week. Open availability required including Saturdays and periodically Sundays. Must be able to work overtime during peak production periods or when needed.
- Ensure the adherence to all kitchen recipes, specs, policies, and standards.
- Read and follow production plans and meet the daily production needs by monitoring the productivity of Associates and ensuring tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitor and direct the daily tasks of Associates.
- Provide feedback to Associates on performance related issues.
- Ensure the strict adherence of safety and safe food handling practices.
- Train new Associates in the department and be a supportive coach for all Associates within the department.
- Be open minded and receptive to change. Support the goals and initiatives of the company and be a team player willing to assist in any area of the kitchen where needed.
- Treat all Associates with respect, in a fair and consistent manner following the guidelines outlined in Dierbergs Associate Handbook under Code of Conduct.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a high volume food production facility.
- Must have a good understanding of proper sanitation and food handling standards along with knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and HACCP. Must have Serv-Safe Certification or will be required to become certified.
- Must be able to identify cost savings opportunities by implementing ways to reduce shrink, increase productivity efficiencies, and thorough training to reduce equipment neglect or product loss.
- Ability to manage, lead and direct Associates.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with management team and associate to build strong teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Possess a sense of urgency and solid decision making skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to handle stressful situations and demands of peak production periods.
- Ability to train and develop Associates, leads and assistant managers in the department.
- Ability to operate and train Associates on the equipment in the department ensuring the proper operation, safety, maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push and pull carts, work in a wet, humid environment as well as a hot environment, work on their feet all day on concrete surfaces, work in cooler and freezers with temperatures of zero to 40 degrees and have no food allergies.
Benefits and Perks:
- Weekly Paychecks
- Set pay increases
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- No Overnight shifts required
- Paid scheduled breaks
- Minimal Sundays
- On-going training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Recognition Programs
- Health Benefits, Pension and 401-K after qualifying period
- Paid vacation and personal days after qualifying period
- Off most holidays (New Year’s Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day). Holiday Pay for six holidays (must meet scheduling requirements)