Manufacturing / Diversified
With the guidance of the Director of Operations the Production Manager directs and leads the production assignments for the production department for every shift. Assign and organize tasks and provides support to each production employee to keep the production team dedicated to attain production goals.
- The Production Manager will manage the production activities for the production departments for all shifts.
- Oversee the Production Supervisors and leaders and all other production employees to guarantee peak production and quality levels for all of the plant equipment and operations accordance with the production line.
- Complete the production plan while still operating within budgeted cost for productions level of that fiscal year. Manages recovery of materials and other direct and indirect costs.
- Maintain good communication with departments and other personnel.
- The Production manager will execute and maintain the safety program in the production departments.
- Provide proper safety training of employees in compliance with the company’s safety rules and procedures.
- The Production Manager inspects accidents and then figure out and eliminate the cause by working with EHS.
- Conducts different tasks pertaining to hiring, training, discipline, and performance appraisal. Assigns and prioritizes work for all of their employees.
- Provide recommendations for replacement of existing equipment and follow up on action performance against estimates. Accumulate cost and data on large repairs and helps with long range planning.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Partner with the quality manager to create a constant process for the application of quality improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Manufacturing experience is required with knowledge of plant processes and operations.
- Supervisory experiencerequired.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with process improvement and lean concepts.