Job ID: NOB001878
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single-tooth to fully edentulous indications. Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements.
The Production Manager is responsible for the employee safety, product quality, regulatory compliance, production schedule adherence, inventory levels and production quantity produced by the CNC, Surface Treatment, and Packaging areas. The Production Manager works closely with HR, EHS, Engineering, Planning, and the DBSL to ultimately meet the demands of the customer, the business, the employees, and new product development.
The Production Manager is accountable for:
- Daily production performance, including safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity.
- Driving DBS in CNC, Surface Treatment & Packaging to continually improve the customer facing priorities of Quality, Delivery, Cost & Innovation.
- Assuring all employees under his/her responsibility are following SOPs, particularly in regard to Safety, Environmental, and Quality System compliance.
- Performing investigations of non-conforming materials, CAPAs and customer complaints.
- The overall morale of the CNC, Surface Treatment and Packaging workforce, understanding associate survey results and responding to employee concerns.
- Attracting, selecting and hiring the most qualified associates.
- Constantly seeking better ways to improve product quality, reduce lead time, and reduce cost.
- Establishing an expense and capital spending budget and managing according to the budget.
- Working closely with Engineering to keep equipment running well and introducing new products on time.
- Working closely with the Plant Manager and the rest of his/her staff to establish objectives, strategies, solve problems, establish the kaizen funnel, and respond to changes in the market.
- Supervisory responsibilities include the direct supervision of the Machine Center supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities including: training; planning; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing compliance and solving problems.
Critical Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent. Additional education (i.e. Master’s program) is a plus.
- Minimum of 7years’ experience in a Supervisory type role with non-exempt, hourly employees.
- Experience in medical device / any regulated industry
Preferred Skills :
- 5years’ experience in machining processes is a plus.
- Excel in teamwork among his/her group and with peer groups.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of automation equipment and principles..