At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
The Convene family is looking for a Production Manager to join us at our new DC location! Production Managers are responsible for planning and coordinating multiple events and on-site programs, supervising the work of production specialists and operations’ staff, and providing support and assistance with all 3rd party catering activities. We are looking for someone that can effectively lead the production team and build meaningful relationships with our clients, while profitably managing Convene’s concession and related operations. In this role, you will also serve as the liaison between facility users and the facility staff, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Duties & Functions
- Serves as liaison between clients and operations
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates, clients, and all Convene departments in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Effectively listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by associates and clients
- Comply with Convene regulations to encourage safe and efficient conference center operations
- Work closely with Sales Department: Prepare pre-program cost estimates, assist relationship managers in getting clients through the contract phase
- Determine program needs by communicating with clients and conducting client site visit when necessary
- Profitably management of services provided by Convene
- Responsible for creation and distribution of PEO’s (Program Execution Orders) and program diagrams
- Accountable for how Convene registration desk is run
- Work in conjunction with building and building security
- Conduct daily site inspections of all conference center areas for cleanliness and maintenance and monitor quality of service in conference center operations
- Make personal contact with clients & participants and assist them with any requests during program
- Supervise proper calculation of all program checks and ensure client signatures
- Ensure collection of all program balances.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Conduct weekly production meeting, and daily PEO meetings
- Perform additional duties as requested by Director of Production / General Manager
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Convene Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the conference center
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Ensure preparation of requiredreports, including (but not limited to) associates schedules and quarterly actions plans
- Conduct ongoing training of Production Specialist / departmental and conference center training
- Conduct associate performance reviews in accordance with Convene standards
- Minimum of 3 or more years of hospitality experience, including some previous supervisory experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Ability to lead other team members and work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time