Established international company has an opportunity at one of their plants which is commutable to the east of Columbia, SC for a Production Manager.
The opening is related to expansion. In this capacity will lead production and operations and maintenance programs. Will be responsible for department budgets and ensuring working relationships that are good with other departments. Will also be responsible for supporting achievement of world class safety performance to include safety of all associates.
Will develop and execute maintenance and manufacturing plans designed to meet world class quality, cost, safety and delivery commitments. Will lead in various areas to include: CNC machining, plastic injection molding, paper processing, assembly, bulk packaging and filter element production to include the management and distribution of work while ensuring production flow through close collaboration with the production planning team that is the best possible. Will be responsible to meet the required productivity improvements in the operation utilizing as requiredsupport departments.
Using lean and visual technique will drive sustainable improvements in non-production disciplines by working withother departments. There is a bottom up approach to lean in their culture. In this role will have 6 to 8 direct reports.
- Bachelordegree in areas such as engineering, math, science or business with a preference for an MBA
- At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing to include line management, production planning, lean and production planning
- Automotive experience needed
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and data analysis
- MRP experience with a preference for SAP
- Kaizen, value stream mapping, visual management, standard work, SMED, 6S, PDCA
- Successful production management experience
- a plus is having some maintenance management experience
- Successful track record at leading process improvement throughout the organization
- Multi-task ability, strong organizational skills, very good problem solving skills and a strategic thinker
- Track record of within an organization creating a lean culture thru shop floor action teams - able to drive lean in the lean culture
- Strong coaching abilities within all levels of the organization