The Production Manager will own the operations function for one of two Business Units within the manufacturing facility. The Production Manager will act as a “Plant Manager” within the business unit overseeing tasks not limited to planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operation activities.
The incumbent will ensure all manufacturing and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations.
They will also oversee and monitor the performance of their Business Unit's Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, cost control, service to sales, employee training and leadership development.
Function Specific Activities:
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Prepare departmental costs and variances with regard to productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Associates in finding innovative ways to improve the Quality and productivity of our Products by bringing Operational Excellence to life within their Business Unit.
- Support Employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Monitor and update all area practices and policies for compliance.
- Work Mid-Term Planning & the National Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up with regard to all established records, reports and/or forms
- Ensure strong, effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and government regulators. Host monthly Business Unit meetings and weekly OE meetings with Associates.
- Cultivate, grow and mature Cross-functional teams within the Manufacturing Facility.
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements through a strong commitment to utilization of Coca-Cola's Line Information Systems and associated processes.
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention “Goal Zero” performance through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried Supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance.
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures working alongside the QC Manager and our Supply Partners.
- Participate in the ISO auditing and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the ISO systems and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
- Adhere to Coca-Cola quality standards to ensure product quality and Food Safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), standard operating procedures (SOP's) and Coca-Cola's KORE specifications
- Embrace the Coca-Cola's principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Fully engage and be a champion for the development of the Supervisors including but not limited to hosting Performance Enablement feedback sessions monthly, creating Development Plans, and development of Succession Plans.
- Bachelordegree is required; Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Degree is preferred
- 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Thermal processing and packaging experiencepreferred.
- Leadership experience within complex manufacturing facilities is strongly preferred
Job ID: R-11636