Food & Beverage
Grains Area Leader (Production Manager)
- Coach and develop Team Leaders and 20Technicians to enhance peak performance through lean manufacturing principles
- Develop and deliver business Master plan to achieve key results in safety, quality, and efficiency
- Assist and lead specific team high performance improvement projects
- Assist in developing and executing key technical and organizational projects while increasing Smucker Quality Management System (SQMS) capability within the organization
- Provide leadership to the grains production department in achieving key performance results
- Develop and own the grains operating strategy and master plan
- Accountable for all business results for the grains operation including safety, quality, cost, reliability, organizational development
- Ensure that maintenance activities are in sync with operational plans and vision
- Responsible for the department staffing strategy, skill and development of the staff, performance management and employee morale
- Work closely with production planning to eliminate losses due to scheduling
- Responsible for driving department issues to root cause and developing a zero loss mentality
- Leads plants lean manufacturing principles to ensure plant stays on track with Fiscal Year Plans
Priority setting and Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to be decisive, proactive and strategic in decision making while role modeling balance for others. Strong analytical troubleshooting skills are important. Experience with root cause analysis is a must.
Leadership: Demonstrate ability to lead and influence a large organization to deliver business needs. Proven ability to implement strategic decisions is a must.
Collaboration: Demonstrate ability to work effectively across organization boundaries and with diverse teams in accordance with our Basic Beliefs and Our Commitment to Each Other.
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Strong commitment to quality.
Willingness to work a schedule that most effectively supports the organization.