Location: Lake Zurich, Chicago, IL.
Responsible for directing and coordinating one or more of the following areas; compounding, aseptic filling, component preparation, capping and lyophilization.
- Supervise and coordinate activities and performance of assigned staff to ensure the achievement of department OEE objectives and performance goals.
- Develops information and compiles reports concerning scheduling, production goals, equipment and maintenance problems and other studies or reports as requested.
- Works in a team environment with other department management to coordinate a production schedule to achieve requireddeadlines, objectives and budgets.
- Develops department employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of rules and policies, while building employee morale and motivation.
- Evaluate performance and production of staff; maintains records of performance.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, cGMP’s, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Conducts continuous review and follow-up on projects to ensure completion of assigned work.
- Advises department management on matters relating to daily operations and makes recommendations for improvements when feasible.
- Ensures adequate resources are available to manufacture product (equipment, supplies, and labor).
- Reviews, performs/ensures investigations are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Establishes and administers operational procedures for aseptic filling, capping and lyophilization activities.
- Assumes responsibility for proper maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Takes necessary action to eliminate delays ensuring adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Other duties as directed by Manager.
- Bachelors degreerequired, Engineering or Science Degreepreferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience, in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven communication and employee relations skills necessary.
- Excellent computer skills.