Our Production Manager is to advise the activities of all Production personnel at the facility within the organization, ensure that Company’s Plant Safety, Health Practices, and Environmental Regulations are rigidly adhered to, and consistently producing high-quality product within specified cost and scheduling guidelines.
Responsibilities at a high level will include but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance that the production workplace is accident-free through daily attention to safety practices, work conditions, and training while operating within plant safety rules and standards
- Perform workplace audits as frequently as necessary to guarantee a clean orderly workplace.
- Conduct plant operations to safeguard the environment and ensure full compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Ensure that adequate systems and procedures are implemented and faithfully followed to maintain the plant's Quality Systems.
- Attain production and efficiency objectives in process optimization, troubleshooting, training, production reporting, etc. and secondly through effective utilization and management of our production team. Utilize OEE as a primary tool to manage this effort.
- Develop direct reports through the establishment of challenging goals and assignments, providing feedback on performance, and conduct periodic review and performance review of progress to enhance employee productivity and morale.
- Successfully use productive management techniques to involve the production workforce in the operation of the production department.
- Achieve cost reduction and/or product quality improvements through selection, initiation, prioritization, and implementation of capital projects to improve process performance, productivity, etc.
- Maintain minimum inventories of off-grade product by controlling production levels and ensuring aggressive reuse without jeopardizing product quality.
- Represent the plant as required to foster good community relations, and ensure that plant operations are conducted in such a fashion that environmental difficulties are few, such as maintenance of acceptable work practices in all areas concerning the handling of waste products whether it be hazardous liquid, acrylic dust, empty containers, etc..
- Act as a liaison with personnel for all matters concerning the production process to maintain consistency and to capitalize on improvements at other facilities.
- Possess detailed experience of the Forecast to Finished Goods process in the SAP system; solid understanding of the QM, Maintenance (AE), Purchasing, SCM, and OTC is also vital.
- Possess a Bachelor's in Engineering ,Chemical a plus
- Minimum 8 years of experience, in Chemical manufacturing with 5 years of that experience being in a supervisory/management role, within a manufacturing environment
- High level of interpersonal skills and writing skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Adept at balancing multiple tasks or projects and competing priorities
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and coordinate projects, and capable of meeting deadlines
- Familiar with Process Safety, Environmental, and Quality Programs
- Adept at using standard Microsoft Office programs and tools, especially Excel and SAP