Purpose: Lead and manage production workforce including workload analysis, assignments, training, documentation, safety, quality, ISO, cost control, and inventory in order to maintain and enhance customer satisfaction as measured by Jackson's driving force goals -- quality, order fill rates, etc.
• Supervise, train, and motivate employees and provide direction and leadership to enable them to meet requirements of production and on time delivery of customers' orders.
• Establish and maintain positive communications with Jackson managers and employees to ensure support, materials, and support for production requirements.
• Maintain positive working relationships with employees at other CFT locations -- e.g. Customer Service, Sales Team, Engineering -- for example to discuss product changes or provide specific information for customers.
• Facilitate daily production meetings -- publish reports, lead root cause analysis meetings and establish corrective actions to late shipments. Manage spike orders.
• Participate in QRB (Quality Review Board) reviewing customer complaints, identifying root causes, and corrective actions.
• Monitor costs, employee overtime, inventory levels, absorption, and performance to budget and implement actions as needed.
• Maintain appropriate levels of "A" items by performing their monthly MRD review.
• Train and develop employees insuring best practices in safety, quality, production, 5S, etc.
• Lead and ensure a safe and clean work environment.
• Lead 5S program continuation.
• Participate in weekly DCO (product changes, new product launches) meetings and take appropriate actions relative to the change to existing products.
• Responsible for employee performance appraisals, salary reviews, discipline, and other supervisory activities.
• Reviews production schedules, materials and laboratory manpower resources to coordinate personnel in order to maximize production objectives, while maintaining quality and meeting output requirements
• Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
• Perform other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
• Bachelors of Science in business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology or related field, or equivalent and/or experience
• Five (5) or more years of manufacturing and/or distribution experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Exposure to operations, including manufacturing, distribution, inventory systems and accounting. Working knowledge of computerized database and spreadsheet formats.
• Ability to assess current environment, team and production capabilities, needs of the business and make directional changes to support commitments to customers.
• Leadership -- lead, take charge, and offer opinions and directions. Clearly articulate requirements and standards for employees.
• Adaptability = ability to create and manage change (positive and negative) -- organizationally and individually.
• Effective written and verbal communication, individually and in large group settings; conflict management and resolution skills; and team building abilities.
• Management of Human Resources -- motivations, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled