The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the technical and operational elements of the Axis entertainment venue. He/she is responsible for the technicians, financial elements, administrative and overall production values of the venue to ensure successful productions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading the Axis technical team in accomplishing department goals.
• Supervise and participate in the setup of concerts and events at Axis.
• Design standard operating procedures for communication and department organization.
• Train subordinates, providing each with the knowledge, development and appropriate direction to perform his/her responsibilities.
• Oversight and Management of internal and 3rd Party Technical Staff.
• Reviews show schedules and schedules staff accordingly for multiple residencies.
• Develop and maintain operating and capital budgets for Technical Department.
• Generate budget proposals based on operation, renovation, and maintenance.
• Generate event estimates for special events or ongoing shows.
• Ensure that expenses are properly coded and managed appropriately for P&L’s and settlements.
• Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of showroom technical equipment and ordering supplies.
• Makes recommendations to improve production quality.
• Analyze final cost reports for Special Events and Productions.
• Lead show changes, installations, and modifications as needed.
• Coordinate all safety, OSHA and risk management initiatives.
• Advances performance dates, interprets technical rider and arranges for technical equipment and backline in order to fulfill contract and rider requirements.
• Supervises load-in, set-up, sound checks, show performance, strike, and load out.
• Approve payroll. Implement plans to minimize payroll expenditures.
• Coordinates with Entertainment Managers, Box Office Supervisor, Entertainment Coordinator, and other personnel from operational departments to ensure seamless, exciting events for our guests.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director – Technical Operations.
• Facilitate interaction between incoming acts and ongoing residencies.
• Manage departmental budgets and monthly P&L’s.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/JOB DIMENSIONS
Regular attendance and conformance with company standards which may be established by Entertainment Department from time to time is essential. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Degree in Technical Theaterpreferred. 10 years of experience in setup of sound, lighting and audio/visual systems. 5 years of supervisory experience or relevant training preferred. Bachelor’s degreepreferred. In depth knowledge of concert sound system and audio/visual systems. Experience in audio and/or lighting work in clubs, arenas, recording studios, etc. Possess excellent skills in crew management, budget management, project management and problem solving.