$150K — $200K *
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Production Manager is responsible for leading day to day operations of a manufacturing location/area to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently.
• Leads daily Team Performance Center meetings with Operations team to review safety, quality and production performance.
• Conducts production Gemba walks to optimize production flow and efficiencies.
• Participates and practices Lean Manufacturing practices to such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
• Engages the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects.
• Engages production floor employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
• Performs necessary administrative functions such as budgetary administration, employee safety, performance reviews and employee counseling.
• Participates in weekly forecast calls to meet customers’ shipment deadlines.
• Reviews and updates Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track.
• Attends pre-shift meetings to observe and provide feedback to operations team focusing on continuous improvement.
• Conducts Behavior-Based Safety observations and works with employees to ensure they are performing their job in a safe manner.
• Participates in monthly site safety review to understand problem areas and establish plans to improve overall safety record and reduce incidents.
• Meets with Planning and Operations team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed. Works with production team to ensure vacancies are covered for any planned/unplanned absences.
• Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
• Coordinates with the Maintenance Department to prioritize maintenance work orders in an effort to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and downtime.
• Ensures employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs. Identifies training gaps and develops training plans.
• Works with Quality team to review Quality issues through HFI (Hold for Inspection) and scrap process. Minimize rework and/or scrap due to non-conformance through problem resolution.
• May participate in Union Leadership/Management meetings and follows-up as necessary if site is unionized.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Valid through: 8/6/2020