General Description: Responsible for the management of the technicians and day to day production activities related to the operations of the site bulk production units.
Manage daily activities of Production Operation:
- Develop and maintain procedures, plans, and programs to ensure Production output meets all S&OP requirements for customer demands associated with bulk products manufactured at Texas Operations.
- Direct Production Technicians to ensure the production units operate in a safe, efficient manner.
- Provide off hours technical support in areas of responsibility.
- Lead and actively participate the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System and contribute to the sustainability of the OSHA VPP Program bycontinuing to uphold the principles demonstrated as a Star site.
- Maintain the intent and integrity of the Functional Safety Program to ensure a safe operating facility.
- Cultivate a more highly skilled, motivated, and effective department through direct, focused communication.
- Manage the production technicians in their growth, development, and compensation.
- Assist as required in the implementation of self-directed work teams at Texas Operations.
- Lead / Administer procedures and practices to promote safe work.
- Participate in the analysis of accidents, incidents and near misses to include recommended corrective actions that will reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Provide for the appropriate testing, maintenance and replacement of all equipment necessary to meet the needs of SI GROUP, Texas Operations in the Production areas.
- Ensure the Production Department adheres to the principles of ISO 9002.
- Provide support, as needed, to the Senior Production Manager
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably Bachelor ofScience Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years in Production/Operations roles in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TrainingMine and Communicator to interact effectively with colleagues and customers.
- All SI Group Corporate Competencies are Important. The following Corporate Competencies are of particular importance for this position:
- Result Leadership: Gets Things Done
- Personal Leadership: Positive Attitude and a leader for the production technicians
- Employee Engagement: Engages and motivates diverse styles
- Teamwork: Ensures collaboration across department boundaries.
- Communication: Able to resolve conflicts and persuade others with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sense of Urgency: Ability to meet deadlines, understand what is important and to determine when an issue needs to be elevated in priority
- Specific Functional Competencies:
- Maintain the daily operations at Texas Operations with the mindset of Operational Excellence and continual improvement.
- Pass medical physical exam by company doctors and remain capable in accordance with the prescribed "Fit for Duty" job analysis.