Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Are you seeking a leadership role? Do you have a knack for training and demonstrating to others department goals on your shift? As the supervisor or lead person you will direct and guide other employees in a heavyindustrial plant environment processing metal components for manufactures in the aerospace, automotive, generalindustrialor oil & gas industries. In addition you will:
- Directs activities of production and maintains appropriate production staffing as needed to meet company goals.
- Responsible for shop production schedules and conducts production meetings including supervisors’ meetings.
- Ensures customers’ needs are appropriately met by shipping to schedule with minimum turnaround time and a high degree of quality, working closely with the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for communicating policy changes from top management to others in supervision and ensures supervisors’ understanding of management philosophies, safety, product handling, equipment capabilities and customer needs.
- Responsible for enforcing company handbook and communicates with Office Manager and/or General Manager on matters relating to discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective energy conservation program, maintaining controls over labor costs, directs industrial services and approves expenditures within established company guidelines under the guidance of the General Manager.
- Responsible for purchasing and/or approving materials for shop, facilities, tooling, fixtures, etc., under the guidance of the General Manager.
- May have access to compensation information of other employees or applicants in this role and as such cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to other individuals.
- This position is responsible for the care and treatment of our customer’s inventory and as such will perform duties in a safe and responsible manner to prevent customer loss or damage.
We are seeking candidates with the followingqualifications:
- Education: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent. Advanced related training is preferred.
- Experience: Requires extensive knowledge of heat treating, operations management, metallurgy, inspection and customer needs through technical and advanced training, seminars, college, B.S.M.E. (metallurgy) and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory role with proven ability to manage multi-level employees and functions.
- Language skills: Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and written, including reports as required, attend staff meetings and interface with other departments.
- Must be knowledgeable in customer needs, material handling procedures, and quality control.
- Must possess knowledge and have experience in industrial safety programs, OSHA regulations, company rules and compliance to State and Federal labor laws relating to employment, discipline, etc.
- Must possess ability to ensure compliance of company rules as established by Corporate and the General Manager.
- Must be effective in promoting and maintaining positive employee relations, and have basic understanding of company rules, procedures, benefits and pay policies as related to production employees.
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
- · Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- · Ability to bend, pull, stoop, climb, twist and reach to perform functions.
- · Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- · May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- · Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- · Ability to hear in person and via phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.