In addition you will:
• Directs activities of production and maintains appropriate production staffing as needed to meet company goals.
• Responsible for shop production schedules and conducts production meetings including supervisors’ meetings.
• Ensures customers’ needs are appropriately met by shipping to schedule with minimum turnaround time and a high degree of quality, working closely with the Quality Manager.
• Responsible for communicating policy changes from top management to others in supervision and ensures supervisors’ understanding of management philosophies, safety, product handling, equipment capabilities and customer needs.
• Responsible for enforcing company handbook and communicates with Office Manager and/or General Manager on matters relating to discipline.
• Responsible for maintaining an effective energy conservation program, maintaining controls over labor costs, directs industrial services and approves expenditures within established company guidelines under the guidance of the General Manager.
• Responsible for purchasing and/or approving materials for shop, facilities, tooling, fixtures, etc., under the guidance of the General Manager.
• May have access to compensation information of other employees or applicants in this role and as such cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to other individuals.
• This position is responsible for the care and treatment of our customer’s inventory and as such will perform duties in a safe and responsible manner to prevent customer loss or damage.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Education: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent. Advanced related training is preferred.
• Experience: Requires extensive knowledge of heat treating, operations management, metallurgy, inspection and customer needs through technical and advanced training, seminars, college, B.S.M.E. (metallurgy) and/or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory role with proven ability to manage multi-level employees and functions.
• Language skills: Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and written, including reports as required, attend staff meetings and interface with other departments.
• Must be knowledgeable in customer needs, material handling procedures, and quality control.
• Must possess knowledge and have experience in industrial safety programs, OSHA regulations, company rules and compliance to State and Federal labor laws relating to employment, discipline, etc.
• Must possess ability to ensure compliance of company rules as established by Corporate and the General Manager.
• Must be effective in promoting and maintaining positive employee relations, and have basic understanding of company rules, procedures, benefits and pay policies as related to production employees.
• This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
• Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
In addition you will: