Work Location : Kansas City, MO (Mfg Plant)
Functional Area : Manufacturing
Number of Openings : 1
Current Openings : 1.00
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional opportunity.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
LOCATION ADDRESS: Kansas City Manufacturing, 4840 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64127
The Production Manager plans, directs, and coordinates Blount Kansas City’s Blade Operations. The successful candidate will plan daily production activities and efficiently direct work in order to meet customer demand and uphold Blount’s quality standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Develops, maintains and recommends Blade Operations standards
- Lead the application of manufacturing standards and future projects
- Lead regular manufacturing and engineering reviews of operations to ensure consistent application and execution of organization standards
- Evaluate product design for deviations to safety, quality or efficiency targets and drive issue resolution
- Promptly elevate issues where solid countermeasures are not achievable through standard practices
Oversee Blade Manufacturing Operations
- Plans and schedules production activities and supervise the processes through completion
- Establish, monitor and continually improve safety, production efficiency and quality standards
- Establish, monitor and continually improve cost controls and budget related to production
- Continually monitors and analyzes data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of customer promise dates
- Report key indicators related blade operations
Facilitates Continuous Improvement Execution
- Drives and performs operational analysis of business processes
- Identifies key elements of process improvement and partners with process owners to deliver sustainable and repeatable change
- Monitors and maintains metrics and related reports as applies to departments
- Actively participates in continuous improvement teams across all Blount locations
Leadership and Development
- Work with employees at all levels to effectively to execute the policies and goals of the organization
- Provide developmental guidance to team members with focus on improving production supervisors
- Clarify plans, goals and objectives through team meetings
- Maintain focus on Individual Performance Objectives (IPO’s)
- Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement through informal discussions and formal review of job descriptions, annual recruitment and training plans
- Provide coaching, counseling, and career development
- Assess individual and team performance, give feedback
- Bachelor's degreepreferred, Business, Engineering or Finance
- High School Diploma or nationally recognized equivalent required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum six (6) years of experience in a manufacturing management environment
- A minimum of one year in leadership role
- In depth understanding of manufacturing operations and methods associated with the repetitive manufacturing of small, high volume, close-tolerance formed metal parts
- Experience with the concepts and practical application of Just-In-Time, Statistical Process Control, Employee Involvement, Q.I. Story Problem Solving Methodology and Daily Management.
- Broad range of knowledge of related environmental, health, safety, labor and business law.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organization management that includes assuming responsibility; communication; resolving conflicts; decisiveness; develops commitment to company objectives; establishing motivational work environment. Requires a high activity level and sense of urgency to achieve performance targets.
- Demonstrated skills in continuous learning, flexibility, customer focus, quality commitment and good relationships are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a business enterprise system, SAP preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and effective utilization of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to make critical decisions with limited data
- Good verbal and written business communication skills
- Understanding of production processes, scheduling, and workflow
- Available to work on site as required by job
- Day shift, Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., including shift hand-off meetings
- Rotational weekend coverage required, advanced notice provided
- Available for mid-shift or graveyard shift, if necessary
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.