$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Coordinates the activities of the Production Department and monitors procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. Provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production management personnel in the Production Department.
Responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (American Institute of Baking), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance.
· Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
· Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing Integrated Process Management (IPM), plant teams, and outside resources.
· Clearly understands structure of teams, acts as a resource and ensures that the Integrated Process Management structure is maintained and that facts and data are used in all decisions related to product quality, cost savings improvements, etc.
· Develops, implements and manages all production procedures to ensure all plant goals are met.
· Supervises, trains and coaches manufacturing management to include responsibility for personnel and labor issues throughout the plant.
· Responsible for achieving budgets for capital investments, pan glazing, downtime, and damages.
· Maintains records for all phases of production relative to the quality of the product, including plant formulation records, and those records necessary for auditing purposes to include order completion and scheduling of holiday production.
· Analyzes results of bakery operations, determines variances from standard, and takes corrective action as needed.
· Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
· Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
· Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
· The ability to work closely in a team based environment with all associates.
· The ability to analyze data using the IPM System and to develop intra- department teams to establish goals and make decisions for the bakery.
· The ability to help all teams throughout the bakery to achieve their goals.
· Labor Relations experience.
Valid Through: 2019-11-5