Posting Number: 201869TL
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Allentown, PA
Willing to Relocate: Yes
- Responsible for driving the facility’s main KPIs – Safety, Quality, and cost.
- Direct, coach, and train Team Members as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
- Communicates expectations and manages Team Member performance.
- Creates an effective working environment by applying continuous improvement tools and techniques to processes and systems.
- Manages and directs daily production goals in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner by ensuring all industry and regulatory standards are being met.
- Reviews production records for accuracy and ensures all records are maintained properly.
- Analyzes labor efficiencies and labor allocations to meet demand.
- Manages direct reports time off.
- Develops and motivates direct reports to improve the efficiency of their current duties and have clearly identified goals. Mentors and coaches to increase personnel effectiveness.
- Validate hourly appraisals to ensure team members are getting positive feedback.
- Conducts/documents regular communication, production, and safety meetings to keep team members informed; encourages team member feedback/ideas.
- Addresses Team Member issues and delivers corrective action to include behavior, safety, quality, GMP, sanitation, work standards and time infractions. Partners with Human Resources for direction and guidance, as necessary.
- Works with Human Resources to assist with recruitment, screening, and interviewing candidates, and documenting the selection.
- Leads/Assists in team member orientation and training.
- Stays current on business, industry, and facility innovations.
- Actively promotes team spirit by maintaining open communication and utilizing motivational tools.
- Minimum 8 years of manufacturing experience with at least 5 years of Leadership/Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; preferable in a food manufacturing facility, with mechanical and technical process management experience.
- Knowledge of time and attendance systems.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience implementing GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) program through Safe Quality Food (SQF) or British Retail Consortium (BRC) certifications.
- Strong understanding of the sanitation process in a food manufacturing facility.
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, mentor, evaluate and develop Team Members.
- Ability to assess talent and apply performance management techniques.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Exhibits a passion for raising Team performance and Team development.
- Lean or equivalent training is preferred, and certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; especially Excel.
- Solid mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting ability.
Only candidates who appear to meet the above criteria will receive an immediate response. Other resumes will be added to our database of active candidates for one year for other positions that come available and are a match with their background.