Located near Gadsden, AL our client is a Tier I Automotive supplier of stamped and welded automotive assemblies with a rare opportunity for an Assistant GM with strong Production Management Background in a similar automotive environment. In this role, you'll have direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
- Guide department managers with Business Plan development, tracking, and the achievement of targets set by the company business plan. Ensure gap analysis is being done by department to minimize loss and maximize profit.
- Guide department managers with the development and achievement of planned budgets. Seek cost reduction and profitable Kaizen.
- Guide department managers to build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the Business Plan.
- Establish a relationship and good communication with the customer.
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
- Fully understand the daily operations of the production areas. Be able to identify the needs of the department managers to provide the tools and guidance necessary for success.
- Develop supervisors in a direction to achieve compliance with the Unipres Production System.
- Oversee Process Audit activity and ensure steady action to close open items.
- Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
- Be able to lead meetings in a formal setting as needed.
- This position manages Stamp, Assembly, and Quality Managers and is responsible for the performance and management of supervisors within each department.
Bachelor?s Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong Automotive stamping/welding/assembly desired
Strong knowledge of the following:
- Forklift Safety
- Overhead cranes
- Fabrication skills and Mig welding, if needed
- Power tools and equipment
- Resistance welding
- General mechanical and electric skills
- Drawings and blueprints
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Must hold and maintain current driver's license.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities as needed.
- Must be able to interact with associates at all levels.
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for hiring.
- Administer disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Decisions regarding daily production, safety, manpower and overtime.
- Department business plan and budgets.
- Approve/Disapprove Vacation requests.
- Confirm process layouts.