To manage overall plant production in achieving Safety, Quality, Service, Waste, Cost-out and Productivity goals. This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. This individual reports directly to the Plant Manager and will have 3-5 direct reports (Department Managers). Scope for this Production Manager role is a medium sized facility with typically greater than 200 employees and a mid to high level of manufacturing complexity.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment. Participates in incident investigations for near misses, injuries and/or property damage that occur in the functional areas.
- Identifies opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (specifically safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
- Works with planning and maintenance departments to maximize equipment maintenance programs and prioritize the proper PM schedules which will insure mechanical performance.
- Works with engineering personnel in the role of a project team member for new machine installations and start-ups. Provides pertinent information to ensure all machine specifications, auxiliary equipment, installation, operator training, etc. meet production needs.
- Oversees development of production associates to increase human capital goals, including devising a training method/plan for continuous skill improvement, while participating in capital planning to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
- Performs all aspects of human capital management for direct reports including goal setting, improvement targets for KPI's, salary planning, performance management.
- Ensure compliance with department safety, product safety, fire protection, Company polices/procedures, and housekeeping programs.
- Ensures effective, timely and well developed communications for all product associates.
- Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control.
- Participate in budgeting process, capital planning, cost take out, staffing, and other elements to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
- Lead and ensure growth of CI culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary.
- A safety culture and environment to send every employee home every day without injury.
- Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI’s.
- Effective efficient equipment install & maintenance.
- Facility/building maintenance for effective operations.
- Operates within established budget.
- Best Practices establishment & execution.
- Effective, cost-efficient planning and utilization of manpower, materials and machinery.
- Records and Reports – Is responsible for completeness and accuracy of all production records and reports.
- Strong Human Capital planning, development and management for direct reports.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Results Orientation / Delivers on Plan
- Team Leadership
- Develops Organizational Capability
- Drives High Performance Culture
- Customer Focus
- Facility Business Acumen/Market Knowledge
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Collaboration and Best Practice Leadership
- Attention to Communication – ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed; both oral and written communication is clear and concise
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated passion for safety
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in flexible packaging
- Embodies Amcor’s Values
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
- Strong Customer Service mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills