World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA.
The Production Manager is responsible for leading the sites production supervisor team across all shifts and all operations at the site, ensuring work is assigned, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The purpose of this role is to effectively utilize the production team to best operate the plant resources provided by the engineering/technical team. As the manager of the site supervisors, the Production Manager utilizes leadership experience and expertise to direct the day to day activities of the manufacturing team through the supervisors, shift leads, and production technician staff. The Production Manager’s goal is safe, quality, reliable production that meets our customers standards, on-time the first time. This role will develop and mentor the supervisors. Partnership with and timely communication to the engineering team is critical to this role and the plants continuous improvement. The Production Manager drives accountability within the team to ensure success, setting expectations of the “what” and the “how” and managing to those expectations. The Production Manager is expected to be able to thrive in a fast paced and very dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Production Supervisors
- Comply with safety and regulatory requirements
- Fill the role of Incident Commander in case of an emergency
- Plan, direct, and control day-to-day manufacturing activities in order to safely and efficiently execute production schedule
- Manage adherence to established work instructions to ensure safety and first-pass quality performance
- Work with Planning Department (Planner) to develop effective production plans that maximize resources available, raw materials, and assets
- Develop, monitor and control production standards. Develop actual vs standard production reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Drive continuous improvement activities: implement change management and best practices as required
- Coordinate production resources with the needs of other Departments: Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving, Engineering and Process Development. Ensure adequate communication between departments as needed
- Coordinate raw material needs with Planner, Purchasing and Shipping Departments
- Implement and maintain inventory control systems with Planner
- Hire, train, evaluate and coach staff. Resolve personnel performance issues and conflicts
- Perform personnel development and reviews for Supervisors
- Manage cross training and qualification standards of personnel for coverage in production. Ensure new hire training signoffs and materials are appropriate and accurate
- Troubleshoot quality and production issues and ensure additional resources are employed when needed to identify and implement permanent corrective actions
- Help implement business process systems that enhance communications and production order status visibility
- Successfully complete; and ensure the team completes; all required training.
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team including as an ER entry team member which requires wearing of a tight fitting full face respirator
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering, or 5+ years experience in managing within a chemical manufacturing facility
- 5+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment in an ISO / cGMP or other quality focused company
- 3+ years experience managing including preparation of performance appraisals to direct report
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of Supervisors and Technical Leaders and Shift Leads while meeting safety, quality and delivery targets
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail, along with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Experienced with chemical processes and standard manufacturing process flow
- Must have experience working with an ERP system
- Must be self-directed and able to manage different types of responsibilities
- Housekeeping: Maintain 5S
- Experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six-Sigma, FMEA and Lean Manufacturing
- Incident Commander Training – 40 hours of Hazwopper training minimum
- Must be and remain clean shaven and able to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit.
- Plant Gas Monitoring system
- Plant Fire Systems / Alarms
- Safety leadership training, or equivalent
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience working in dynamic environments of short time to market and high customer expectations.
- Experience working in an empowered organization.