Crystal Springs, MS
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 65 days ago
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The Power Grids division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
ABB is seeking a Production Manager, consists of the production of Company products which typically encompasses such methods as machining, fabricating, assembly, inspection, test and overhaul.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage a group or groups engaged in a variety of activities within the Operations organization. Promote, develop and implement measures to achieve cost-effective improvements in operations, increase customer satisfaction, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
• Plan, schedule, assign work, and ensure activities are in compliance with Company policies and procedures, and with codes and regulations. Monitor product quality and customer relations and initiate responsive measures, as applicable. Anticipate and introduce timely, effective actions to resolve problems.
• Manage activities and initiate measures to ensure efficient operations and achieve long-term cost savings. Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies and direct subsequent investigations regarding their utilization.
• Participate in meetings and conferences and act as spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters. Negotiate such matters as costs, design features and schedules with suppliers and customers. Advise senior managers regarding such matters as most effective means of complying with new contract stipulations and improving customer relations.
• Provide guidance and arrange for training of staff. Provide administrative support to senior managers and advise less experienced supervisors regarding the more complex aspects of their assignments. Manage and document employee performance and initiate responsive actions.
Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience
Associate Degree and 10+ years of experience
High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of experience
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering and 12 years of experience.
• Requires broad knowledge of diverse operations and ability to independently resolve complex problems.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively, act decisively and influence decisions of senior managers and customers. Erroneous decisions or failure to properly manage activities may adversely impact schedules, cause unnecessary expenses and be detrimental to the organization's reputation and business prospects.
• Requires foresight to anticipate problems and recognize opportunities for cost-effectively improving operations.