ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive an Injury Free Department.
- Promote a work environment that promotes OHLA (Open, Honest, Listen and Accountable).
- Direct and supervise the activities of the production and processing shift supervisors and their direct reports.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing needs and work assignments.
- Evaluate and benchmark Exeter operations to recommend and implement changes with respect to facility procedures for production, equipment maintenance, and shift scheduling.
- Monitor production standards, ensuring high quality and continuous improvement of material and processes.
- Develop and implement production tracking and control systems.
- Analyze operational reports, production data, quality control reports, and other manufacturing metrics to detect and resolve production problems.
- Assist production supervisors with production or processing problem resolutions.
- Assist with production or system transitions as needed, by participating in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
Note: Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herewith are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to problem solve
Knowledge of SMC, Bulk Molding Compounding Systems a Plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s Degree/MBA Preferred 5 plus years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve management skills.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence effectively and to speak fluently with internal and external customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to office work. Will periodically travel to other office and operational sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.