Production Flow Manager
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead a team of engineers and production specialists in manufacturing, assembly, integration, test and delivery of various spaceflight systems You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of production planning, monitoring, scheduling, coordination and direction of the production line. '
This team is chartered with the parts procurement; vehicle final assembly; execution of acceptance and integrated testing; and delivery of vehicles with pedigree to Flight Operations. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and manage through active engagement with the team. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Oversee all aspects of production including:
- Coordination with the production team to establish aggressive but achievable production targets;
- Resource and capacity planning to achieve forecasted vehicle demand
- Detailed production schedules and progress reporting against those schedules;
- Direct priority and coordination of production teams (e.g., Test Operations, Supplier Management, Manufacturing; Production Engineering and Vehicle Integration)
- Forecasting and developing recovery plans for constraints critical to vehicle delivery schedule
- Build and manage the Production Flow team, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, and conducting performance reviews.
- Assure continued training and skills development to attract, develop and retain great people.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; physics; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
- 8+ years experience working on aerospace development programs or production lines in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus
- Experience with assembly and integration of launch vehicles across a range of launch vehicle subsystems including avionics, fluids, and mechanical
- Experience with planning, scheduling tools, MRP, ERP
- Must be able to set a high hiring bar while evaluating and hiring top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum