Group Nine Media is looking for Production Finance Manager to join our Studios team, reporting to the Director, Finance. This position will support the rapid and sustained growth as we continue to round out production finance and accounting functions. This position will oversee and help develop the day-to-day concerns surrounding physical production, including managing production accounting teams, review production budgets, ensure adherence to policies and procedures, and communicate timely reporting to Senior Management.
- Work collaboratively with other teams including production, creative, legal, post and corporate accounting, as well as partner with third-party production services companies and Producers.
- Track and review any key agreements related to the production budgets.
- Lead the selection of the freelance show accounting team(s), track their schedules against the various production budgets and facilitate onboarding and wrap processes.
- Work with show accounting team(s) on a day-to-day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
- Review and analyze production budgets. Maintain tracking and provide insights throughout the various drafts.
- Prepare and/or approve cash flows for various projects, and assess funding needs.
- Review cost reports, trial balance and track consolidated findings.
- Ensure any key payments are processed in accordance with deals and schedules.
- Help develop and enforce efficient workflows and proper financial controls.
- Assist in authoring production finance department manual of policies and procedures.
- Assist in transitioning to a new production accounting system.
- Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends and evolving technologies.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting/Finance role within a studio, network, branded agency, production company or relevant.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Exhibit a high aptitude, enthusiasm and adaptability in managing the day-to-day operations while fostering a better framework for a growing production slate.
- Solid understanding of production insurance, guilds and unions, tax incentives, tax compliance and various types of production audits.
- Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Movie Magic Budgeting and entertainment industry production accounting software experiencerequired. MediaWeb and EP Smart Accountingpreferred. Other software skills: Excel, Word, Gmail, Google Drive, Airtable, and Slack.