Reporting to the Technical Superintendent, Metallurhy Control, the Production Engineer is accountable for providing technical and metallurgical direction to Trail Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of a Safe and Healthy working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Trail Operations Safety and Health Policy and ensure personal compliance with the specific Safety & Health System responsibilities as defined in our policy.
- Identify process and metallurgical deviations in a timely fashion and maintain approprioate control instructions that promote stable and profitable operation.
- Ensure metallurgical performance fits the relevant process design and meets expectations outlined in the production planning cycle.
- Participate in improvement initiatives that expand knowledge of process fundamentals necessary to further degine and improve performance metrics.
- Assist in the development of an provide direction to assigned Technologist(s) or EITs on a daily basis.
- Collaborate and facilitate exchange of information and expertise with other Trail Operations groups.
- University degree in Chemical, or Metallurgical Engineering or in Chemistry.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in the mining industry or environment.
- Eigibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC).
- Prifiency in the use of at least one of the mainstream mine engineering software packages.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Good critical thinking, data analysis and problem solving skills.