Production Engineer is responsible for facilitate improvement projects and Kaizen (Rapid Continuous Improvement) events to eliminate waste and increase efficiencies in various functional areas of the manufacturing processes (manufacturing processes, yield improvements and cycle time improvements). The position will require skill sets to break down complex operations with a process oriented mindset, analyze and assist in the implementation of the plants strategic plan, provide project management support, employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in a manner that achieves buy-in from employees and facilitates effective and lasting change to improve plant safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Analyze production and/or transactional processes and utilize problem solving methodology to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions.
- Develop existing process by apply identified best practices to all other pertinent process/products
- Collect data, analyze using statistical method and translate results to multidisciplinary audience, process, and product lines.
- Work with production managers and operations personnel to develop and execute plans for the continuous improvement of business measures including, but not limited to Product Yields, Cycle Time, Work Flow/Efficiency improvement, etc.
- Train and mentor employees in lean manufacturing and quality system concepts, helping them to understand, embrace, and utilize those skills.
- Develop, document, and help sustain Standard Work.
- Work closely with internal upstream and downstream customers to improve the overall process.
- Provide general technical support to all aspects of operations/manufacturing
- BS/MS Manufacturing/IndustrialEngineering/ Electric Engineering, 5+ years relevant work experience with storage component and system, server and hard drives industry.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to lead cross-functional teams consisting of operators, supervisors and technicians
- Must be knowledgeable in statistical quality control and design of experiments
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Thick film processing a plus
- Active learner with the ability to bring new insight to improving the manufacturing processes