The Production Engineer Lead is responsible for providing technical leadership and support to ensure that currently defined processes meet or exceed work cell’s target in terms of SHE, quality, productivity and cost. Lead incremental improvements initiatives to optimize existing processes through Productivity Area Improvement Team.
- Day To Day Operations
- Establish and maintain control of process metrics and data such as cycle time, productivity, uptime, yields, etc. to ensure existing processes are in control
- Provide direct engineering support to production to ensure that product is running within SOP/PCD and to the desiredquality standards.
- As required for certain lines or product families utilize tools such as SPC to monitor and take action whenever an out of control condition is identified that is not rectified through SOPs or other standard work.
- Establish and maintain control of process metrics to ensure processes are in control
- Plays lead technical role to ensure that process safety obligations are met include maintaining of safety file, lead/participate in PHAs and MHAs, PCAT, MOCs, PSSR’s etc.
- Participate in visible safety leadership activities.
- Fill in as relief for Production Area Leader as needed.
- Provide technical support and collaborates with Quality Engineers, Process Engineers and work cell team to respond to all customer issues, quality escapes and other systemic quality issues.
- Maintain, develop and update all control documents such as SOP’s, MSOP’s, WI’s, recipes, visual Inspection, etc.
- Maintain and manage router effectiveness metric, BOMs, routers, scrap, yield, and other aspects of product configuration
- Liaise with project / GEO engineers to implement new capital project in production area.
- Coaches and supports employees in lean and six sigma principles and methodology. Ensure that operators have the background knowledge in these principles in order that they can effectively engage with the Area Improvement Team.
- Teach workout lite process through Area Improvement Team activities.
- Maintains SOP’s, BOM’s and routers to an acceptable level in order that the operation runs to plan while minimizing quality issues.
- Ensures productivity metrics such as uptime and throughput are visible on the shop floor and deviations to standard are being actioned.
- Ensures that router timings are correct to real running conditions in order that OTIF is maximized. Will be measured via the router effectiveness metric.
- Facilitates and leads Productivity Area Improvement Team in continuous improvement activities through the use of lean and various engagement tools (including kaizen, workout, 6S, etc.))
- Lead execution of incremental process improvements (e.g. waste and First-time-Right) by actively engaging horizontally, vertically with all levels
- Take corrective action to address process deviations and identify root cause to prevent recurrence
- Performance and results oriented
- Able to handle complex and demanding situations whilst maintaining sound decision making abilities
- Bachelors of Sciences Engineering
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degreepreferred
- Work History & Experience
- Minimum five years manufacturing experience and at least two years of supervisory experiencerequired
- Lead a team to accomplish significant goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving ability to independently or collaboratively solve a complex problem
- Demonstrate resiliency in completing projects with significant time and resource constraints
- Organizational Knowledge Areas
- Demonstrated understanding of technical or complex manufacturing processes
- Understanding various lean continuous improvement methodologies
- Understanding and appreciation for developing and tracking metrics / performance indicators
Job ID GBU005566