GameChanger provides youth sports team management and scorekeeping tools that provide access to live game action, statistics to inform player development, and features for coordinating the whole team community.
Production Engineering is a part of our Platform Team. The Platform Team provides GameChanger’s product teams with stable, secure, scalable services and infrastructure on which to build world-class products. The purview of the team encompasses web and mobile backend infrastructure, transactional and analyticsdatabases, caching, queueing systems, object storage, data pipeline, CI and CD tools, infrastructure automation, and monitoring.
GameChanger is a DevOps culture. All Engineers share in on-callresponsibilities. We encourage experimentation and learning initiatives, and empower engineers to make impactful decisions. We conduct blameless post-mortems so we can continuously improve our processes. We value employeeswith a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe that Infrastructure is code. The Production Engineer is a software and systems engineer that develops and integrates the tools and automation used to create, deploy, and monitor hundreds of instances and thousands of containers in support of product engineering teams.
As a Production Engineer You Will . . .
- Own the cloud infrastructure along with self-hosted components including databases, caches, queues and other 3rd party services
- Evolve our container based, zero-downtime deployment systems
- Own and improve our backend build and deploy pipeline
- Maintain systems supporting billions of records and millions oftransactions with high concurrency
- Consult with teams building and maintaining services to ensure that they are performant, scalable, integrated with CI/CD, and properly monitored
- Contribute to and run blameless post-mortems to help us learn and improve after incidents
- Build and maintain critical internal tools to interact with our infrastructure
- Integrate with logging, monitoring, alerting, and security tools
- Tune monitoring and alerting to drive down false positives to avoid alert fatigue while catching early symptoms to avoid outages
- Pursue optimal use of cloud computing resources:
- Improve auto-scaling performance
- Explore leveraging serverless technologies
- Enable the business with multi-region and even multi-cloud capabilities
- Ensure we are using the right tools for the job; contribute to build vs buy decisions
- Advocate for the continuous improvement of our DevOps culture
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- BS/MS in CS / CE preferred but not required
- Experience working with Linux, Bash
- Knowledge of source control tools such as git
- Proficient with at least one of: Python, Ruby, Go
- Knowledge of scalable internet service architecture patterns
- Experience with Configuration Management tools and container technologies
- Prior experience with cloud platforms preferred
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of popular backend applications such as redis, memcached, kafka, mongodb, postgres
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Detail oriented
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say “no” to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees.
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks.
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings