Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Design, build and maintain self-contained appliances using ansible, python, C
- Collaborate with software developers to build stable, scalable and high performance solutions
- Contribute to product re-engineering, leveraging modern technologies to unify product features
- Proactively make our organization and technology better!
Successful candidates will need:
- Experience working in a devops environment and continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Knowledge and experience about deployment and maintenance of Python apps using application and web servers such as Nginx
- Good coding skills for writing automation solution in Puppet or Ansible and Python. Ability to solve complex problems with simple, elegant and clean code.
- Good knowledge of compiling C and dependency resolution.
- Troubleshooting skills to hunt down the root causes of issues and persistence in preventing them from happening again
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD solutions, GitLab CI or similar (Travis, Circle CI etc. preferred)
- Practical knowledge of Docker as a tool for testing and build environment
- Effectiveness in using necessary toolkit like G Suite, JIRA & Confluence, Slack, git, IDE of choice
- Ability to effectively find/use open source software for a given purpose.
- Open mind and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Hashicorp tool chains
- Experience with packaging virtual appliances
- Multi-OS experience, especially Debian and RHEL/CentOS