- Responsible for ensuring all facets of the production process are optimized for maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the production lines and Fresh Cut Fruit/Vegetable processes operate as efficiently as possible.
- Work closely with management team, as well as staff involved in the production process, to identify and resolve potential issues which could lead to equipment failure.
- Implement cost-savings initiatives that remove non-value-added steps from the process, without impacting the quality of the finished product.
- Collaborate with location staff to better understand inefficiencies and/or safety-related issues which could cause harm or stall the production process.
- Work on ergonomics and operation research, participate in production planning, with a focus on operational efficiency as a whole.
- Provide direction and ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Work on continuous improvements by researching and implementing updated technology and improving production functionality.
- Responsible for designing equipment, installing control systems, testing and upgrading processes in facilities.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure line designs are easy to sanitize.
- Work closely with facilities to ensure waste water management is compliant with local municipalities.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field (i.e. as related to Fresh Produce/Food Production, Processing and IndustrialEngineering).
- Must have additional applicable licenses and certifications as related to responsibilities assigned to this position (e.g. supply chain management, engineering management, waste-reduction, Six Sigma/Lean initiatives, and other similar certifications).
- At least 10+ years of prior experience in Production and Project Management and/or in a similar role.
- Must have strong knowledge of the entire Fresh Cut Fruit/Vegetable process, as well as working knowledge of overall business needs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and Processing regulations.
- Must be up-to-date on industry changes as related to production methods and technology.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent mathematical, statistical, science, and design skills, as well as general awareness of the market and consumer needs.
- Must also be detail-oriented and have good analytical, critical thinking, leadership and communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Must be able to travel as needed, depending on assigned project location.
Tracking Code 20120852