As Production Manager you will oversee and plan the general production flow and lead times as well as material inventory control and optimization. You will supervise and train personnel in the operations during the shift in a manner consistent with overall Company’s policies and procedures. You will lead Continuous Improvement efforts throughout the plant looking to identify areas of improvement and efficiencies. There may be times you will be requested to work night shift.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts throughout the Plant to identify efficiencies and ways to improve our process.
- Supervise personnel, production work-flow and quality.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Ensure that Shift Supervisors and Department Leads are properly trained and their job functions are being performed correctly.
- Verify that all employees have read the appropriate Job Safety Analysis sheets, and have completed the proper safety videos.
- Confirm that employees have been instructed on the proper safety procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations on production supervisors and Department Leads.
- Report to maintenance/safety coordinator any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions/required maintenance.
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work orders to meet due datedeadlines.
- Ensure all production schedules are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day.
- Assist shift Supervisors and department personnel any position or work station through the plant when the work-load requires the extra help or when an employee is absent [25 %].
- Complete production reports at the end of the shift, including work performed by department, back orders and hot items.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Experience in glass industry preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years Managerial and Supervisory experience is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to operate under pressure, meet strict deadlines and capacity to multi task.
- Able to read and perform complex mathematical calculations, ability to read and write measurements in numbers, fractions and decimals at a high school education level or equivalency.
- Ability to read schedules and case tags.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Lotus Notes
- Ability to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload with emphasis on multi-tasking capabilities
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotio.
Job ID: 130425