Within our 600-person Roswell manufacturing facility, we are seeking a Production Department Manger – Whey to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Manage the overall Whey operations.
- Ensure production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of production and processing operations, maintenance, and labor.
- Lead the Whey operations by implementing programs that sustain 5S principles, preventing problems before they happen, ensure effective communications, recognize the contributions of others, and develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities of direct and indirect reports.
- Implement plant safety programs and ensure a safe working environment.
- Achieve excellence in quality, food safety, customer service, sanitation, continuous improvement of overall operation, and engagement of employees.
- Work with direct reports to ensure production standards, quality parameters, safety procedures, and department business plan goals are met.
- Work effectively with the maintenance team to minimize production downtime and ensure preventative maintenance is performed on schedule.
- Evaluate and continuously improve the dairy ingredient plant processes, membrane operations, evaporators, dryers, separators/HTST and packaging.
- High level of plant floor presence.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – We hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a Dairy Science, Food Technology, or similar.
- Minimum 6 years of overall experience in manufacturing, preferably Nutrition and/or food
- 4 years of progressive supervisory/leadership experience in food manufacturing.
- In-depth experience in dairy nutrition/protein production.
- Demonstrated ability to learn/understand and apply complex manufacturing processes through management of people, systems, procedures/processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and engage people.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to new business conditions, and manage large scale manufacturing operations.
- Experience in food safety and micro/sanitation.
- Passion for making dairy food products
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in the manufacturing of whey protein and lactose
- Industrial operations in membrane systems (UF, MF, NF, RO), evaporators, dryers, and separators.
- High sense of urgency and an initiator.