Production Data Operations and Automation Engineer
As a Production Operations Engineer, you will work closely with a team of Data, Business Intelligence and Dev/Prod Ops engineers focused on supporting the automation of data pipes, platform infrastructure availability, and code-based data products and platform services. Your expertise on automation tools/technologies like Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, code repositories such as BitBucket or GitLab and programming languages, techniques like Python, ETL/ELT, Snowflake, Tableau, Alteryx and other cloud data technologies would be key to deliver the required automation and support. Familiarity with ServiceNow and Jira integration is a plus. You will work towards supporting deployment, data flow architecture and automation to deliver the highly available, performant and secure environments of Splunk’s Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Work creatively and analytically in a production operations environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Ability to troubleshoot code defects, data errors and configuration problems to determine the origin of production errors.
- Build self service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Strong experience AWS cloud infrastructure, database languages (SQL) and scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Python, others are a big plus)
- Should have prior experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline in Data Warehouse environment.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience surrounding data warehouse, data lake operations and production support.
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting ETL jobs (Python, Airflow), Snowflake SQL scripts and Business Intelligence (Tableau) reports.
- Extensive knowledge of production deployment CI/CD orchestration and automation (Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins).
- Experience in data technologies server administration, SLA/incident management, RBAC automation and controls, user communication and support.
- Strong ability for using independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues. Participate in On-Call support as needed.