UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines. ISR & Space Systems Windsor Locks is looking for energetic and highly motivated candidates for its Planning Organization. The position is the focal point for the execution of daily activities to deliver high quality, highly engineered development and production hardware on-time to its customers. The selected candidate will be responsible for the timely performance of various manufacturing tasks ranging from requirements planning through the shipment of deliverables in support of NASA and DoD Programs. Applicants must exhibit a high degree of initiative and sound judgment, working independently and as a member of an Integrated Product Team. It is essential the individual be capable of adapting to changing conditions and work cooperatively in a team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scheduling fabrication and production task sequences, durations and required resources
- Generating Bills of Materials in support of program proposals
- Ensuring proper hardware configuration via Engineering change evaluation and incorporation
- Planning, prioritizing and processing purchase order requisition packages
- Expediting resolution of scheduling and resource conflicts to maintain production schedules
- Interfacing with work cell supervision on production schedule status and task execution
- Interfacing with Engineering to ensure dynamic project schedules are incorporated into daily production plans
- Inventory analysis and maintenance of program shortages
- Acquisition and compilation of processing documentation and equipment
- Participation on process improvement teams
- Self-directed; strong planning and organization skills with ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Project and Excel
- Exposure to ERP system and production planning/control. SAP experiencepreferred.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools
Must be US Citizen.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce
Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ Years of Experience. Focus in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business disciplines preferred. CPIM, PMP or Six Sigma certifications a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68248BR