The Production Control Manager is responsible for the effective planning, purchasing, scheduling and execution of the MPS throughout of the plant to meet Delivery Requirements. The PC Manager reports directly to the General Manager and has all Planners and Buyers as direct reports.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide effective leadership to ensure the development of the MPS, associated MRP work order release and department schedules are actioned and executed
• Leadership in evaluating MRP inputs to drive down inventory and cost while optimizing work centers
• Drive cultural change that will engage the workforce and result in a successful implementation of Lean and 5S principles associated such as Kanban systems, Visual Management boards and 2 bin-ordering systems where applicable.
• Meet or exceed customers’ expectations
• Assist to ensure that all production, shipping, cost, quality, and safety goals are met.
• Production schedules, budget control, work force requirements, and production load vs. capacity tracking and analysis to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Assist in troubleshooting production problems and evaluating contingency plans to ensure that order requirements are met
• Develop purchasing strategies to maintain lowest cost of purchased components and material
• Execute work order release and material purchases to achieve inventory goals
• Help develop and track relevant metrics such as department throughput, inventory levels, OTD to schedule, schedule accuracy etc.
• All other duties as assigned
• Building a Successful Team/Leadership
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Decision Making
• Facilitating Change
• Initiative and Results Focused
• Ability to troubleshoot solve problems independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database, statistical analysis and other applicable software programs.
• High attention to detail
• Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to interpret written information; Presents technical presentations effectively
• Computer Skills: Must have strong knowledge in various PC applications such as Microsoft Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Power Point and MS Project.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing production planning of a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment that includes precision CNC machining and sheet metal fabrications
• Degree/Diploma in Business Administration and/or Operation Management desired
• CPIM certified or in pursuit is an asset
• Experience in aerospace industry or similar manufacturing environments are preferred.
• A proven record of implementing and sustaining ERP, Lean Manufacturing principles, cellular work teams, Kanban, 6S, Kaizen and other continuous improvement programs
• A successful history of improving productivity, cost reduction while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction