We are currently seeking a Production Control Manager. This position is responsible for production control, customer service, planning and estimating including direct supervision of these groups. Supports LMIA’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMIA policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, LEAN processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability, and respect for all people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Production Control/Customer Service/Planning
- Direct activity of Material personnel.
- Work with Planning Supervisor; manages the function. Ensures that customer communications are occurring in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor and track delivery performance for the Assembly plant for both internal and external customers.
- Direct the daily planning activity.
- Coordinate with IT department on planning process improvements and system changes as required.
- Estimate all new work for outside customers of LMI Assembly-Plant 01. Coordinate with Corporate Estimating group on large packages.
- Evaluation of LMI Internal pricing. Coordinate with Corporate Estimating group to review pricing and cost on LMI internal orders.
- All duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Directly supervises 6 to 10 employees in the Planning/Estimating/Control/Customer Service departments;
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Also plans, assigns, and directs work, conducts performance appraisals on a timely basis, and rewards and disciplines employees as needed.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of Estimating and/or Production Control experience, or the equivalent in training, education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Customer Service focused with previous experiencerequired.
- Working knowledge of JobScope and AS400 systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience with Access software is desired.
- Working knowledge of Integrated information systems.
- Knowledge of LMI processes and customer base.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one from groups or individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems, utilizing standard operating procedures.
- Ability to interpret information furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form, to determine the best course of action among various alternatives.
- Aerospace industry knowledge required.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds