This opening is in our Kawneer (TRACO) business line located in Cranberry Twp., PA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Production Control Manager is responsible to be engaged as a member of the site leadership team and provide strategic direction to Production Control and Shipping Department along with subsequent department support staff.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply knowledge in capacity planning, supply/demand systems to drive disciplined systems, robust processes, and focused standardization of best practices;
- Manage a cohesive set of key performance metrics that provide objective insights into the health and effectiveness of business operating systems;
- Provide overall leadership and strategic planning for the facilities Sales & Operating Plans while balancing capacities, schedules and material flow for all operating departments;
- Develop and implement tools to evaluate inventory levels and recommend strategies for inventory control;
- Ensure efficient and effective deployment/utilization of asset levels to meet demand;
- Develop and implement capacity optimization tools to perform strategic sourcing and capacity versus requirements studies;
- Develop and maintain a matrix of operations capacities and capabilities;
- Develop, implement and improve on masterscheduling processes, tools, and systems in collaboration with the supply chain team and the plant organization;
- Act as internal educator and consultant on masterscheduling issues, providing education and training throughout the business to improve understanding of scheduling functions;
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and order-promising integrity;
- Inform management when demand cannot be met and recommend alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied;
- Create masterschedules that satisfy customer demand while leveling work released to manufacturing and optimizing inventory levels and resource utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business management consulting, materials, operations, procurement, supply chain and / or production control planning;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or Business from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 year managerial and / or supervisory experience;
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial work environment;
- Possess Strong Analytical skills using Microsoft Excel or similar database management programs;
- Experience with Oracle;
- Experience with JDE.