The Production Control Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing processes. The Production Control Manager ensures that correct amount of goods and services are produced timely, efficiently, at the right cost and quality level. The scope of the job includes, but is not limited to; order planning, customer service, production coordination and shipment forecast and planning. This position is also responsible for materials management to include: purchasing, shipping, receiving, production scheduling, and warehousing.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the timely arrival of all raw materials paperboard and corrugated and schedule production to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Maintains and controls plant finished goods and raw material inventories.
- Oversight of third-party logistics warehousing for finished goods inventory, palletizing and procedures
- Weekly asset performance reporting and monthly production forecasting
- Manages the equipment production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements
- Coordinate and manage the work-in-process and finished goods inventories through the SAP system.
- Maintain positive relationships between Customer Service, Production Departments, Sales, and Suppliers
- Initiate/lead projects that improve customer satisfaction and/or reduce manufacturing costs.
- Communicates and coordinates with plant management staff the crewing, equipment, and material requirements to support production.
- Responsible for direct supervising and performance management of Production Scheduler, Receiving Lead and Shipping Lead.
- Responsible for overseeing all daily activities of the shipping and receiving departments.
- Directs the activities and/or manages personnel who perform the functions of purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
- Responsible for quality of scrap shipments to internal and external customers, and accuracy in scrap shipment reporting
- Organize and administer the purchasing function to provide needed material at optimum balance among quality, price, and total vendor service.
- Established departmental policies and procedures which increase operational uniformity and efficiency.
- Interacts with other departments to better understand their material and service needs.
- Coordinates purchasing of all critical items in quantities, at prices and under conditions that favorably reflect on profit and production requirements.
- Maintain liaison with current vendors in addition to working with personnel in Corporate Purchasing to search for new vendors to assure a continuous supply of necessary materials.Personally participates in vendor visitation programs.
- Maintain current records of purchases for dollar reconciliation, vendor analysis and historical reference.
- Manage cost effective raw material work-in-process and finished goods inventories and assure the continuous flow of material and service required for plant operations including warehousing.
- Cycle counts, physical inventory counts, and coordinate systems issues affecting SAP.
- Act as a liaison between the Perry facility, Division Production Planning, Corporate Procurement and Transportation groups.
- Actively participate with Corporate Purchasing personnel in negotiating optimal national contracts across all divisions.
- Interacts with Corporate A/P to resolve procure-to-pay issues through ReadSoft. Assists plant personnel in resolving misc. procurement issues.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- This position requires an individual with strong communication, negotiation, organizational, analytical, inventory management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet research skills
- A Four Year Degree in a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5-7 years of progressive production control, purchasing and/or material management experience required (preferably within a folding carton industry preferred).