Leadership position that directs and manages the day-to-day operations of a Production Center in the organization’s title production operations.
- Directs and manages production processes and employees both on-site and virtual, including off-shore management.
- Develops both short term and long term goals and objectives.
- Provides hands-on technical approach with excellent knowledge of process workflow, FAST & electronic imaging databases (DATATREE, DATATRACE, etc.).
- Delivery of business segment goals and objectives, team and management performance, appraisals, salary administration, incentives, corrective action (if applicable), and hiring qualified lead candidates are all requirements to operate in this role.
- Develops, promotes, and effectively communication production changes, process improvements and other initiatives to improve and engage optimal work performance.
- Develops strategic plans in partnership with the Executive Regional Production Director (ERPD) to support the ever-changing business environment.
- Ensures teams and individuals understand their roles and responsibilities via clear communication of goals and objectives. Can be approached easily yet is responsible for maintaining a professional work environment.
- Drives problem solving activities and makes informed decisions to ensure the business segment produces product of high quality, low cost, and meets cycle time service levels agreed upon with the customer base.
- Demonstrates confidence in his/her ability to make decisions and works in concert with the decisions of upper management.
- Works directly with the Business Unit Financial Organization and ERPD to constantly improve unit cost performance. Analyzes monthly P&L and unit cost data. Uses available financial tools to provide direction to subordinates and make changes in operations that have positive impact on financial performance of the team(s).
- Hires, trains, and develops subordinates. Provides feedback, delegates tasks, and identifies subordinate training needs and those of the organization.
- The position may require some travel to customer sites in order to understand their processes, and negotiate/partner with customers.
- Drives efforts to ensure organizational flexibility through cross-training objectives and continuously increases outsourcing volumes with off-shore operations.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Integrity, honesty, excellent communication skills both verbal and written and very good presentation when working with management, executive staff and customers is a must
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meets deadlines and drives for results
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced production environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and working with offshore teams a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Efficient use of FAST and Crystal Reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Typical Range of Experience
- minimum of 6-10 years in Title industry
- At least 2 years operating in a managerial/leadership position